Thank you for your interest in showcasing at the Rotunda of Murfreesboro's City Hall!
Art in the Rotunda of Murfreesboro's City Hall is maintained by Cultural Arts, Visualize Murfreesboro and the Murfreesboro Art Committee (MAC). The committee consists of seven members who are appointed for three-year terms. The committee was created by Resolution of the City Council on August 15, 1991.
Presented by Cultural Arts, Visualize Murfreesboro, the annual Greenway Art Festival is held in Old Fort Park along the Murfreesboro Greenway. This year's festival will take place on September 17, 2022, and we are looking forward to another excellent celebration of regional artists!
ELIGIBLE WORK Artist selection will be juried based on subject, overall quality, originality, and presentation. All original fine art is eligible, including but not limited to: printmaking, bookbinding, fiber art, painting, drawing, photography, and sculpture. All work must be original and created by the artist. The festival director reserves the right to ask that any inappropriate or ineligible work be removed.
DEADLINES The submission form deadline is July 31, 2022. All applications must be filed through this online portal. Artists will be notified of acceptance or denial by August 2, 2022.
REGISTRATION FEES If accepted into the Greenway Art Festival, you will be emailed instructions on how to complete registration payment. Payments will only be accepted electronically. Applicants will be informed via email if they are accepted or denied.
- 15‘ x 15’ booth space along trail: $50 per booth space plus a $5 transaction fee. Mandatory: Artists must provide their own 10' x 10' canopy tent. Electricity not available
- 10‘ x 10’ booth space in covered pavilion: $65 per booth space plus a $5 transaction fee. Electricity available (Note: Due to limited availability, Pavilion spaces will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis along with application payment.)
Booth spaces will be pre-assigned. Multiple booths may be reserved. Exhibitors will be responsible for bringing their own tables, chairs, easels, and necessary display units; you must bring a canopy tent to shade your area. If you have special needs or concerns, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you. Booth assignments will be based on the date the application is received.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All rules and regulations of the Murfreesboro Greenway System and Old Fort Park apply. These rules are posted at each trailhead and are available online at www.murfreesborotn.gov.
- Artist check-in will be Saturday morning from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Exhibitors will drive to their site, unload, and move their vehicles to the designated parking area. All vehicles must be moved out of the exhibition area no later than 9:00 a.m. and may not return until 4:00 p.m. There is no check-in after 8:30 a.m.
- Exhibitors must participate in the entire event. The booth must be occupied by the artist or an artist representative during scheduled hours: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their own work. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork or display materials from any cause whatsoever.
- No food or edible items may be sold or distributed by anyone other than designated food vendors.
- All applicants, upon signing and submission of the official registration form, consent to be bound by these regulations and will abide by them throughout the Greenway Art Festival.
- Any exhibitors who do not abide by the rules and regulations contained herein may be excused from the show.
No refunds will be issued for any reason. All submissions will be included in the Interactive Festival Guide that is included in the price of the entry fee. No refunds will be issued for any reason. This guide will also be used as the Virtual Greenway Art Festival in the event of cancellation.
We hope to have perfect fall weather, but if we are not so fortunate, and are met with heavy rains, we will switch to a virtual on-line festival that will be publicized for one week starting from the originally scheduled date and will not be reschedule or move to an indoor location. Links will be sent to each participant and will be publicized on the City website murfreesborotn.gov and @CulturalArtsMurfreesboro social media sites.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Cultural Arts, Visualize Murfreesboro, by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.