Those wishing to be a vendor at the 2018 Juneteenth Celebration are required to submit for approval. All Arts & Crafts vendors will be required to pay a $25 vendor fee if accepted (an additional $10 fee will be added if the vendor chooses for MPRD to provide a table & chairs). Food vendors will be required to pay a $100 vendor fee, and carry their own liability insurance of $1 million dollars and name the City of Murfreesboro as an additional insured. Vendor applicants will be contacted about payment if accepted.
This exhibition is open to community and local artists. The theme for this exhibit is Family History, or Roots. Your artwork should display something that is significant to your background. Whether it be inspired by your country of origin, traditions, culture, or your own personal roots, we want to see what makes you who you are. You may submit up to 3 works for display.
Gallery Opening Reception
August 4th 5p - 7p
Bradley Academy Museum
415 South Academy St. Murfreesboro, TN
Presented by Cultural Arts Murfreesboro and Friends of the Greenway, the annual Greenway Art Festival is held in Old Fort Park along the Murfreesboro Greenway.
Artist selection will be juried based on subject, overall quality, originality, and presentation. All original fine art is eligible, including but not limited to: printmaking, bookbinding, fiber art, painting, drawing, photography, and sculpture. All work must be original and created by the artist. The festival director reserves the right to ask that any inappropriate or ineligible work be removed.
Application forms must be received no later than June 30th, 2018. All appliations must be filed through this online portal. Artists will be notified of acceptance or denial by July 16th, 2018.
If accepted into the Greenway Art Festival, you will be emailed instructions on how to complete payment. Applicants will be informed via email if they are accepted or denied.
15‘ x 15’ booth space along trail: $25 per booth space plus transaction fee. Mandatory: Artists must provide their own 10' x 10' canopy tent.
Electricity not available
10‘ x 10’ booth space in pavilion: $35 per booth space plus transaction fee
Booth spaces will be pre-assigned.Exhibitors will be responsible for bringing their own necessary display units. If you have special needs or concerns, please let us know.
If accepted, there will be tables and chairs available to rent.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• All rules and regulations of the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department and Old Fort Park apply. These rules are posted at each trailhead and are available online at www.murfreesborotn.gov.
• Artist check-in will be Saturday morning from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Exhibitors will drive to their site, unload, and move their vehicles to the designated parking area. All vehicles must be moved out of the exhibition area no later than 9:30 a.m. and may not return until 4:00 p.m. There is no check-in after 9:00 a.m.
• A limited number of booths allow for close vehicle parking. Indicate on the application if you require your vehicle to be parked near your booth.
• Exhibitors must participate the entire event. The booth must be occupied by the artist or an artist representative during scheduled hours: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Exhibitors are responsible for security of their own work. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork or display materials from any cause whatsoever.
• No food or edible items may be sold or distributed by any other than designated food vendors.
• All applicants, upon signing and submission of official registration form, consent to be bound by these regulations and will abide by them throughout the Greenway Art Festival.
• Any exhibitors who do not abide by the rules and regulations contained herein may be excused from the show.
No refunds will be given after August 15th, 2018.
If we must cancel the event due to weather or other unexpected reason, we will not reschedule or move to an indoor location. The event will be canceled and a refund equal to the amount of the booth fee will be offered.
PRESENTED BY FRIENDS OF THE GREENWAY
To learn more about this group of volunteers, please visit www.murfreesborotn.gov/parks, call (615) 893-2141, or visit the information booth at the Greenway Art Festival.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Cultural Arts Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Art in the Rotunda of Murfreesboro's City Hall is maintained by the Murfreesboro Art Committee (MAC). The committee consists of seven members who are appointed for three-year terms. The committee was created by Resolution of the City Council on August 15, 1991.