Art in the Rotunda of Murfreesboro's City Hall is maintained by the Murfreesboro Art Committee (MAC). The committee consists of seven members who are appointed for three-year terms. The committee was created by Resolution of the City Council on August 15, 1991.
Presented by Cultural Arts, Visualize Murfreesboro, the annual Greenway Art Festival is held in Old Fort Park along the Murfreesboro Greenway. This year's festival will take place on September 19, 2020 and we are looking forward to another excellent celebration of regional artists!
Artist selection will be juried based on subject, overall quality, originality, and presentation. All original fine art is eligible, including but not limited to: printmaking, bookbinding, fiber art, painting, drawing, photography, and sculpture. All work must be original and created by the artist. The festival director reserves the right to ask that any inappropriate or ineligible work be removed.
Application forms must be received no later than July 31, 2020. All applications must be filed through this online portal. Artists will be notified of acceptance or denial by August 14, 2020.
If accepted into the Greenway Art Festival, you will be emailed instructions on how to complete registration payment. Payments will only be accepted electronically. Applicants will be informed via email if they are accepted or denied.
- 15‘ x 15’ booth space along trail: $30 per booth space plus transaction fee. Mandatory: Artists must provide their own 10' x 10' canopy tent.
Electricity not available
- 10‘ x 10’ booth space in covered pavilion: $40 per booth space plus transaction fee
Electricity available (Note: Due to limited availability, Pavilion spaces will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis along with application payment.)
Booth spaces will be pre-assigned. Multiple booths may be reserved. Exhibitors will be responsible for bringing their own tables, chairs, easels and necessary display units; you must bring a canopy tent to shade your area. If you have special needs or concerns, please let us know and we are happy to accommodate you in any way we can. . Booth assignments will be based on the date the application is received.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All rules and regulations of the Murfreesboro Greenway System and Old Fort Park apply. These rules are posted at each trailhead and are available online at www.murfreesborotn.gov.
- Artist check-in will be Saturday morning from 6:30 – 8:30 a.m. Exhibitors will drive to their site, unload, and move their vehicles to the designated parking area. All vehicles must be moved out of the exhibition area no later than 9:00 a.m. and may not return until 4:00 p.m. There is no check-in after 8:30 a.m.
- A limited number of booths allow for close vehicle parking. Indicate on the application if you require your vehicle to be parked near your booth.
- Exhibitors must participate in the entire event. The booth must be occupied by the artist or an artist representative during scheduled hours: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors are responsible for security of their own work. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork or display materials from any cause whatsoever.
- No food or edible items may be sold or distributed by any other than designated food vendors.
- All applicants, upon signing and submission of official registration form, consent to be bound by these regulations and will abide by them throughout the Greenway Art Festival.
- Any exhibitors who do not abide by the rules and regulations contained herein may be excused from the show.
If for some reason you are no longer able to participate, please let us know right away. There will be a $5 processing fee for cancellations.
We hope to have perfect fall weather, but if we are not so fortunate, and are met with heavy rains, we will not reschedule or move to an indoor location. The event will be canceled and a refund equal to the amount of the booth fee will be offered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Cultural Arts, Visualize Murfreesboro, by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.